Monday 16 October 2023

October Sheetload of Cards


What can I say about these cards, except that I'm lucky I didn't have to toss the whole lot. Ha! I really wanted to make a set of cards using the October Sheetload, and was happy enough with my papers etc. 

I got into the zone too quickly though, working on auto pilot and having only glanced at the cutting guide I got to work. Yep - I cut some of them with the prints going vertical instead of horizontal. So basically I just rotated the sketch for those ones.

While listening to an audio book I was happily attaching panels and stamping/colouring the sentiments. Without double checking the sketch. When I was all done I realized the smaller panels were adhered incorrectly - the yellow mat is supposed to meet in the middle, not be on the outer edges. SHEESH.


Anyhow, these cards were made for my Mom's old nursing home and I doubt the residents will notice my errors. 😳  Below shows the inside of one card but they are all done the same. I used an old banner punch by Stampin Up on some of the scrap paper pieces as well.


I'm definitely going to make another set of these cards, and this time pay attention 😂
Having been asked how many cards I make I thought it would be fun to keep track this year. Many of my posts include more than a single card or project and below is my tally. 

Card Tally for 2023
January - 53 cards
February - 56 cards
March - 55 cards
April - 32 cards
May - 43 cards
June - 34 cards
July - 56 cards
August - 106 cards
September - 61 cards
October so far - 28 cards

I decided to cancel the subscription that provided linked thumbnails to what products I used on my cards. It was costing me out of pocket each month, so I’m back to listing what I used
.
Supplies:
Blue print patterned paper - Happy Birthday Red Plaid, Echo Park
Birthday Print patterned paper - Party Fun, Echo Park
Magic Messages - Lawn Fawn
Catherine Pooler Inks
Copic markers
Essential Birthday Sentiments - LDRS
Mini MISTI
Happy Birthday - Happy Birthday Many Ways, Catherine Pooler
Banner Punch - Stampin' Up (retired)


1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!