Monday 23 October 2023

Mini Slimline Embossed Sympathy Card

 


Almost as soon as I got this embossing slimline folder - like 18 months ago - I embossed this gold pearl card stock. I oooooohed.  I ahhhhhhhed. And I put it in my 'in progress' bin to make into a finished card. Then promptly forgot about it, ha ha.

When I was flipping through the bin I pulled it out and decided to make a sympathy card with it. I cut the embossed panel down to fit on my Mini Slimline card base (3.5 x 6") then added some gold foiled bee stickers and a stamped sentiment on a label. The stamens got brushed with Wink of Stella and the card front was finished. Those gold bees show up so much better in real life ... in still shots they look brown rather than gold foiled and shiny.


Here is a peek at the inside ...


Having been asked how many cards I make I thought it would be fun to keep track this year. Many of my posts include more than a single card or project and below is my tally. 

Card Tally for 2023
January - 53 cards
February - 56 cards
March - 55 cards
April - 32 cards
May - 43 cards
June - 34 cards
July - 56 cards
August - 106 cards
September - 61 cards
October so far - 36 cards

I decided to cancel the subscription that provided linked thumbnails to what products I used on my cards. It was costing me out of pocket each month, so I’m back to listing what I used.

Supplies:
Gold Pearl cardstock - my stash
Simple Strips Sympathy stamp & die - Taylored Expressions
Gold foil bee stickers - stash
Slimline embossing folder - Lillies, Nellies Choice
Catherine Pooler Inks
Narrow gold tape - Amazon
Inside - Mini Slimline Embossed Edge, Kat Scrappiness
Sentiment - Inside Out Sympathy, Catherine Pooler

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card, glad you finally got that panel on a card 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!