Wednesday 25 October 2023

Five Birthday Cards with Flowers


Today's cards were inspired by the large stitched flower die, which is included in Karen Burniston's Twist Flower Pop Up die set. I have made a couple of cards with the mechanism but not yet used the flower part. Looking through my drawer for something else, I pulled out this old 6x6" paper pad and decided to make some Birthday Cards I can donate to my Mom's old nursing home.

Once again I used the August 2023 Sheetload of Cards as my inspiration - I absolutely LOVE this sketch. Since I was using 6x6" papers instead of the 12 x 12" called for in the cutting guide, I just did my own thing with those angled pieces. There were a number of smaller strips in the package from previous cards so I just matted them according to the width of the strips rather than the cutting guide.

The flowers were cut from some partial sheets in the package so it was great to use up so many of those bits and pieces! I popped up the flower centres and added some hash marks with a black pen and some stickler for shine.


The insides looked too blah for my taste so I pulled out a 12 x 12" sheet of patterned paper and cut it down to mat the sentiment panel. I liked them much better - I think it was because the sentiment is smaller than usual and it looked lost among all that white space. I love the sentiment for the nursing home cards though!


Having been asked how many cards I make I thought it would be fun to keep track this year. Many of my posts include more than a single card or project and below is my tally. 

Card Tally for 2023
January - 53 cards
February - 56 cards
March - 55 cards
April - 32 cards
May - 43 cards
June - 34 cards
July - 56 cards
August - 106 cards
September - 61 cards
October so far - 41 cards & 5 Tags

I decided to cancel the subscription that provided linked thumbnails to what products I used on my cards. It was costing me out of pocket each month, so I’m back to listing what I used.

Supplies:
Patterned paper - Garden Party 6 x 6",  Pebbles, Old
Stickles
Patterned paper inside - Hello Easter, Echo Park
Black pen
Birthday Wishing - Colorado Craft Co

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!