Tuesday 1 August 2017

Chair Thanks Fold-A-Long Card

Good morning friends

Today's share is a card I made to include with a cheque for wonderful lady who cleaned our house. We were having a pile of company and I was having an RA flare so she fit us in. It was wonderful having a nice clean home to offer our guests.


The patterned paper is from the farm themed stack I used for 'Farm Week' cards here on my blog back in June. It has silver foiled bits on it - you can see in the photo that the frame and a few of the chairs are silver foiled. I added the punched banner and some Nuvo Crystal Drops as well as a die cut 'thanks' to the front. I tied the bottom edge with Bakers Twine to hold the card closed ... no accidental reveal of the fun inside!


The card base uses the Ticket Fold-A-Long die which creates a unique pop-up card. I wasn't sure what do to with the label inside. Was it supposed to just be inserted under the tabs? Is it supposed to be removable? I found that if it shifted at all, then the card wouldn't close again and I know that people will often open and close a pop-Up card to see the animation. So I ended up adhering the label inside the tabs. It still works the same, so maybe that is how it's supposed to be done. At any rate, that is how I use this one.


There was lots of room for me to write her a little note, and the fussy cut chair is silver foiled.



The card didn't take very long to make, and I know "S" really liked it. I love taking the time to do something special for people and to let them know they are appreciated. What a great hobby this is!

Supplies:
Patterned paper - Recollections
White and black card stocks
Ticket Fold-A-Long, Jen Long - Sizzix
Thanks die - Lawn Fawn
Gel pen
Recycled Bakers Twine
Banner punch - Stampin' Up
Nuvo Crystal Drops

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!