Thursday 3 August 2017

80th Birthday Butterfly Pop-Up Card

Good morning friends

A friend of my Mom's will be celebrating her 80th birthday, and Mom asked me to make a special card for her. Since Lois likes butterfly's, that is what I went with!

My friend D came for a few hours playtime and had an extra sheet of this paper she didn't think she'd use so I used it for this card. I managed to use some older butterfly dies & punches as well on this one.




Inside I used Karen Burniston's Katherine Label to animate the lacy butterfly!


Below you can see the box that forms on the end of the arm, so not only does the butterfly raise up, it also pop's out. Note - I added a strip of transparency to the box, and mounted the butterfly to that.


The Katherine Label Pop-Up is such a fun die - and can be used for any theme or occasion. You don't have to cut a window in the front to use it either. I'm sure Lois will enjoy her custom Birthday Card, and I know my Mom will be happy giving it to her.

Supplies:
1011 Katherine Label Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
Butterfly dies - Spellbinders
Butterfly punch - Stampin' Up
Patterned paper - Recollections
Stamps - Papertrey Ink
Holographic dot stickers - Stampendous
Stitched Fishtail Banner dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Patterned paper - Recollections
Transparency strip
Number dies (80) - Papertrey Ink

Card size - 6 x 5"

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!