Sunday 15 October 2017

Halloween Sweater Z-Fold Card

Good morning friends

Once again, I had a lot of fun making our Halloween cards this year. I had purchased the 'Spooky Cat' bundle from Stampin' Up so used the patterned paper for a lot of the cards including this Z-Fold one. I really like how well the papers coordinate!

Just for fun, I decided to make a Halloween Sweater as the front embellishment. 


The pumpkin was fussy cut from a different piece of patterned paper in the package, and I added some black crochet trim to the sleeves and bottom of the sweater. The pumpkin got a Wink of Stella treatment for some shimmer.



I performed a little 'stamp surgery' on the greeting. I really like the lines with the web & spider and that there is room for a greeting etc in between the lines. But there were words above and below the webs as well - that would be perfect if you were using it to include an edible treat. So I carefully trimmed those words off and am getting a lot more use out of that stamp. The words should be easy enough to stamp using a MISTI when they are needed.

The hat was stamped and fussy cut as well and I added a metallic orange gel pen to the buckle and a few more fussy cut pumpkins inside.



Supplies:
Patterned paper - Stampin' Up
Black crochet trim - Stampin' Up
Sweater die - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Orange, cream card stocks
Stitched circle dies - MFT Stamps
Wink of Stella
Stamps - Stampin' Up

Thanks for stopping by today

4 comments:

  1. I really love your sweater and card...inside and out!!! too cool!!!! now I have to make one!!! there was a sweater blog hop a couple days ago and I saved all the sweaters, going to add yours to my stash!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful card for Halloween!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful sweater card! I love the crochet trim! Stamp surgery, sounds painful!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!