Thursday 23 February 2017

Love You Pop-Up Card

Good morning friends

I saw a video by Jennifer McGuire awhile ago where she die cut nesting hearts out of different colours of card stock then layered them back together alternating colours. I love hearts, but didn't have any heart wafer thin dies!!!  Luckily, Els had just released nesting hearts so I ordered the stitched ones and got to try the technique. I love that you get the look of multi layers without the bulk.

I die cut all 4 dies at once, holding them together with removable tape. I cut them from each of 4 shades of pink, then layered the hearts back together using the largest heart die in a solid colour as the base. I got four multi coloured heart die cuts, and used one of them on the front of today's card share. These are the three I have leftover for different projects.


And here is the front of my card!


The word dies are also new at Elizabeth Craft Designs, and I used the rest of an XOXO print patterned paper from my stash. I love using things up!


Karen Burniston recently gifted me with the Love Pop 'n Cut insert, and I had to try it out right away. LOVE it - thanks so much, Karen B!!


The heart patterned paper needed some colour, so I coloured some of the scribble hearts with a bright pink Copic marker, and added the little heart that falls out of the 'o' in Love.


Here is a side view so you can see the pop-up portion better. Yeah! I still love my Pop 'n Cuts and this Love insert is going to get a good work out. And not just for Valentine's Day.



Supplies:
Stitched heart dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Pink card stocks
White card stocks
Black card stock
Love Sentiment dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Patterned paper - We R Memory Keepers
Copics
Fine Point Tweezers - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Glitter Dots - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Scallop Border die - The Stamps Of Life

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!