Wednesday 1 February 2017

Fun with the Owl Builder Punch, and Mini Treat Boxes

Good morning friends

This Hugs card uses a whole pile of older product ... the cloud embossing folder, owl punch, branch and even the hugs die I've had for a long time. The sweet label shape is by Paper Smooches, and I added some Pan Pastels to mimic clouds, before adhering the die cut branch and punched owl.


Glitter dots were added to the owl's eyes, and there is some glitter on the card too.


Inside, I used the coordinating stamp set to the Hugs die on the front.


I haven't used this owl punch since Karen Burniston came out with her character Poppy the Owl. So I gave Poppy a rest, and made a couple of punched owls to have on hand for card embellishments.


One of the items on my MFT Stamps Wish List is their Monster Love set. I believe it came out last year, and I've hesitated as I wasn't sure if I would get a ton of use out of it. So I made these Pinterest inspired monsters using the owl punch and decided YES - cute little monsters stamps will be lots of fun. These punched embellishments crack me up.


Also Pinterest inspired are these adorable Reindeer embellishments, made with the owl punch for the face. The nose and antlers are from Karen Burniston's Props 5 set. So cute!


Another older item from my craft room - much older - is this Carry All Box Die by Sizzix which makes these sweet little Gable Boxes. And I do mean LITTLE!


Here you can see them with some Jelly Belly jelly beans, which are smaller than regular jelly beans. Each little treat box holds 10 Jelly Bellies. I brought these ones out to the Grandkids when we went to visit. They loved them! Olivia was going around collecting everyone's boxes so she could use them as purses for her Barbie Dolls. After the treats were consumed, of course.


They were quick and easy to put together - simply cutting them from stock scraps and adding Washi Tape around the outside. The colours were chosen for the Grands' favourite colours (apparently Zachary loves BLACK these days).


We were going to have a quick visit with a friend, so I made her one too. Since I knew she wouldn't be ripping into it immediately to get at the candy, I put a little more effort into decorating hers.


The Washi Tape has a gold foil stripe, and the label was punched using an older Stampin' Up punch. The Clothespins I've had for several years and I was happy to actually use one. Man, I'm a terrible craft supply hoarder.


I have been having so much fun making all kinds of treat holders. I used to make them frequently, but I think when my Rheumatoid Arthritis got so bad I didn't have the energy to make these extra little things. Now I'm looking for excuses to make a little  treat holder!

Supples:
For Owl Card:
Kraft, white and pink card stock
Patterned paper - scraps
Pan Pasatels
Wink of Stella
Stickles
Glitter Dots - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Owl Punch - Stampin' Up
Cloud embossing folder - Stampin' Up
Blueprints #24 (stitched panels)
Label and branch dies - Paper Smooches
Hugs word stamps and die - Papertrey Ink
Chalks

Card size - Standard A2


For Treat Boxes:
Card stock scraps
Washi tape
Clothespin - stash
Label punch - Stampin' Up
Heart sticker - Recollections
Carry All Box die - Sizzix
Words - Tasty Trucks, Stamping' Up

Finished size - 1-1/2" long, 1-3/4 high

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. love all your new creations!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you have been busy with that owl punch which I must admit mine has been neglected. That card is adorable

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!