Tuesday 21 February 2017

Floral Butterfly Birthday Card

Good morning friends

I'm on a roll these days, using older products from my stash. I figured I liked them enough to buy them initially, and it's just a shame that they sit gathering dust while I use only the new items that find their way into my craft room.

I wanted to make some flat birthday cards to have on hand, so I pulled out some older BigZ dies and got a few made made. I made two of many of the designs, but only photographed the single card. Here is one of them:


I still love the shape of these Stampin' Up butterflies. I added a Peel-Off border and penned the antenna with a gold gel pen. Also doodled some lines around the cut out shapes on the card edges with the same gold pen.


I like the shape that this card cuts, with the little 'brackets' out of each edge. Since I used double sided paper for the card base, I cut a smaller sheet of white card stock to line the inside and stamp a greeting. You may recognize the paper - it's the pattern I mistakenly purchased 30 of instead of 3 when on-line shopping a couple of years ago. I'm really whittling down that stack!


Supplies:
Patterned paper - Basic Grey
White card stock
Stitched Ovals - My Favorite Things
Pink patterned paper - Pebbles
Butterfly die - Stampin' Up
Pink card stock scraps
1134 - Peel-off Border - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Fine point tweezers - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Gold Metallic gel pen - Sakura
Words inside - My Favorite Things

Card size - A2


Thanks for stopping by today


2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!