Wednesday 1 February 2023

Eight Stashbuster Birthday Cards



I'm starting off February with stash buster cards! Back in November, I went through an older 6 x 6" paper pad and made a few 'stacks', or 'card kits' out of some coordinating papers. I used a stitched rectangle die for the largest background panel and set the stacks off to the side to work on as I felt like it. 

Little by little I ended up with nine card fronts! I did them similar to the way I do my Sheetload of Cards, doing all the paper cutting and then adhering everything to the card base. THEN I decided what to use for the sentiments and decorative elements.

I went through my binder of pre-done embellishments (made years ago when we were in the mountains for weekends) and decided what elements worked with the different papers. Then I went through my odds & ends box to see if any of the circles/ovals/labels in there would work. I was able to use up a bunch of items both from the binder and the box!!  I shared a single card that didn't photograph well with these eight awhile ago and you can see that one ***HERE***


I used my MISTI to stamp the same verse inside all eight of the cards. It's from the Stamps of Life, the Lots of Birthday2Stamp.


Everything I used has been in my craft stash for so long, I doubt it's still available, so I'm not going to even bother listing the supplies. The cupcake was from Elizabeth Craft Designs, Ice Cream was from Sizzix, Patterned paper a Dear Lizzy Daydreamer pad, some stitched rectangles, leftover circles & labels etc.

Late last year I was asked how many cards I make but I didn't have a clear number. Since many of my posts include more than a single card or project, I thought it would be fun to keep track this year. 

Card Tally for 2023
January - 53 cards
February so far - 8 cards

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!