Saturday 21 January 2023

Water Coloured Tulip Birthday Card

 


Back in November, I went through an older 6 x 6" paper pad and made a few 'stacks', or 'card kits' out of some coordinating papers. I used a stitched rectangle die for the largest background panel and set the stacks off to the side to work on as I felt like it. 

Little by little I ended up with nine card fronts! I did them similar to the way I do my Sheetload of Cards, doing all the paper cutting and then adhering everything to the card base. THEN I decided what to use for the sentiments and decorative elements.

I went through my binder of pre-done embellishments (made years ago when we were in the mountains for weekends) and decided what elements worked with the different papers. Then I went through my odds & ends box to see if any of the circles/ovals/labels in there would work. I was able to use up a bunch of items both from the binder and the box!! When I was finished the cards though, this one didn't really go with the rest of them so it's in it's own post. 😊 The remaining eight will be shared another day.

The tulip is a Peel-Off sticker (from Elizabeth Craft Designs) had been adhered to water colour cardstock and probably coloured with Tombow markers and a water brush. Then it was fussy cut and didn't get used for whatever project I had been working on so ... into the binder it went. And there it sat. For years. I was SO HAPPY when I saw how well the colours worked for the patterned paper! I added it to a die cut oval with foam tape, and used more foam tape to add the oval to the card front.


I added a stamped sentiment on a small fish tail banner, then added a stamped panel inside and my stash buster card was finished. This will go to my Mom's old nursing home. NOTE: I have a plastic envelope filled with stamped birthday sentiments that I can go through when card making. So I just pulled one from that envelope for the card front, and added it to a peach scrap.


I'm not even going to list the supplies used, since everything is so old and has been sitting in my craft room for years.

A couple of times last year, I was asked how many cards I make but I didn't have a clear number. Since a lot of my posts include more than a single card or project, I thought it would be fun to keep track this year. 

2023 Tally: 39 Cards

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!