Wednesday 3 May 2017

Blue Bunny Baby Pop-Up Card

Good morning friends

My friend recently became a Grandma for the first time, so I made her a card to celebrate. No surprise there, ha ha.

I saw a fun interactive card by Jen Long at CHA this year ... in the shape of a CACTUS. Well you know I had to have it. I stalked the on-line shops waiting for it to come in, and when it did I also added this one to my shopping cart. Like the cactus shape, this is called a Fold-a-Long, specifically the Ticket Fold-a-Long.


Karen Burniston's bunny charm is just adorable, and the Paper Pros (formerly KB's Designer Challenge Team) used it in quite a few different ways. Here I trimmed off the hanging charm, and used the openings in the die to add the face, heart and colour the ears.


Like a gatefold card, this one opens from the centre and that centre label pops forward. To hold it closed, I added a belly band on the bottom edge and added one of the smaller stitched hearts to it. In the top photo you can see the belly band, even though it blends in with the patterned paper. Below you can see it with the opened card. On the patterned paper, the baby feet are flocked with white - so sweet.


Finally, here is a top view so you can see how the card works a little better.


Welcome to the world of being a Grandma, SB ... it's a fabulous place to be. 

Supplies:
Ticket Fold-a-Long - Sizzix
Patterned paper - Me and My Big Ideas
Lace Heart die - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Baby Charms (Bunny), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Wink of Stella
Copic markers
Congrats die - Lawn Fawn
Stitched Heart - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Glaze Pen

Thanks for stopping by today

1 comment:

  1. I have the owl of these, may need to get one or two more sometime :) ... love your card

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!