Saturday 27 May 2017

C4C-387 Summer Destination Birthday Card

Good morning friends

It's Saturday so that means a new challenge at the Crazy 4 Challenges Blog. Our May 2017 Hostess is Barbara Anders, and our Guest Designer is Lori Tecler.

Here is Barbara's Challenge:  School will be letting out soon in the US and Summer vacations are being planned. Create a card using a Summer destination theme--could be the beach, the mountains, or simply your back yard in a hammock.

This year I vow to use older products more, so did that with this card as well as some newer ones. First of all the Distress Oxide inks are new. I saw them demoed by Mr. Tim himself at CHA and thought - cool. But I don't need more ink pads. These ink pads are flying off the shelves - and store owners can't keep them in stock. I had heard that also, but put it off to Tim Holtz fans just buying anything he puts out - he does have a massive following. But I still wasn't convinced enough to give up any valuable space in my craft room.

Then I saw a video by Jennifer McGuire and how BEAUTIFULLY these inks blend. I literally sat up and took notice. I do a lot of sponging and stippling and blending in my card making and these inks looked like they could be just the ticket. I ordered a couple of colours with my Birthday money from my brother but didn't really play with them until early May. I have to say, I GET IT!! They are sumptuous and just come to life when spritzed with water. WOW. I have ordered a couple more colours, which of course are on back-order because of the demand.


For my card panel, I stamped a white panel with the camping background stamp (an older product). On my craft sheet I smoothed a couple of the Distress Oxide Inks then spritzed them with water. I dipped and pressed and moved the stamped panel around in the watery ink until I was happy with the colour blending then used a heat tool to dry the panel. This was my first time trying that technique and ... LOVE IT!

The camper is an older stamp, paired with a new Lawn Fawn word bubble and the clouds from Karen Burniston's Hot Air Balloon. 



I repeated the process for the inside panel, using only one colour of the Distress Oxide Ink and not quite as much water.  This card is going into a box to donate to Seniors Secret Service. 

Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C387.


Supplies:
Camper stamp - Avery Elle
Zig Clean Colour Markers
Wink of Stella
Signo White Gel Pen
Distress Oxide Inks 
Background stamp - MFT Stamps
Off white confetti, and white card stocks
Wonky Stitched Rectangles - MFT Stamps
Outdoor Edges (mask), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Happy Birthday stamp & die - Lawn Fawn
Inside stamps - Avery Elle
Hot Air Balloon (clouds), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Glossy Accents
Stitched Fishtail Banner - Elizabeth Craft Designs


Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!