Saturday 13 May 2017

C4C-385 Green Birthday Card

Good morning friends

It's Saturday so that means a new challenge at the Crazy 4 Challenges Blog. Our April 2017 Hostess is Barbara Anders, and our Guest Designer is Lori Tecler


Here is Barbara's challenge this week: This is my birth month and the gem stone for May is the emerald. Use some shade of green on your card—bonus points if it’s emerald green.

I had SOOOO much fun at CHA in January. It was my first one and I really was like a kid in a candy store. Saw several things that I knew I would be purchasing, and as they slowly come into the stores I'm adding to my collection. This Happy Birthday die cut card was one of the sets I had been waiting on and I bought it the minute it was available.


This was my first time using it, and as usual - it was supposed to be just a test cut using what I already had out on my stamping table. Then I started adding a little here and there and before I knew it I had a finished card!

I like that you can do the letters in different colours - and changing the colours really changes the look of the card! I've since seen a couple of really cute samples online that are bright and cheery and sweet and I look forward to changing it up with different colours with my next use.



I tied some Bakers Twine around the 'B' and added a die cut succulent to the "Y".



Here is a peek at the inside ...





Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C385.

Supplies:
Happy Birthday die - Stephanie Barnard, Sizzix
Green, White, Black, Orange and Blue card stocks
Staedtler Fine point markers
Succulents - the Stamps of Life
Words - the Stamps of Life
Bakers Twine
Pots die - MFT Stamps
Copic markers

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!