Saturday 6 May 2017

C4C-384 Band-Aid Thank You Pop-Up Card

Good morning friends

It's Saturday so that means a new challenge at the Crazy 4 Challenges Blog. Our May 2017 Hostess is Barbara Anders, and our Guest Designer is Lori Tecler



Here is Barbara's challenge this week: Today is National Nurses Day in the US. As a retired nurse, this day is special to me and I am forever grateful to all the wonderful nurses I’ve worked with or who have cared for me in some way. My challenge today is to make a thank you card. You can make it nurse or medical themed if you want but it’s not necessary. 

My Mom has needed help with an incision on top of her head for several months. A neighbour comes over every evening to tend to the dressing, so I thought I'd make a card for my Mom to give her.



I don't just buy supplies in order to complete a challenge, except this once. I purchased the MFT bandaid set and I know I'll get lots of use out of it in the future.


Inside I continued with more of the sparkly patterned paper and made it a Pop-Up with Karen Burniston's Pop 'n Cut dies.


Here is a side view so you can see the Pop-Up a little better...


... and one where you can see the sparkle in the paper.


I made a coordinating Gift Card Holder using papers from the same stack.


This is the first time I've used this flower die set. It is the Botanical Builder set. I had planned on purchasing it next month anyhow as I've had my eye on that set for months. Then it turned up on the 'retired list' at Stampin' Up and was on sale to boot. Woo hoo!


Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C384

Supplies:
Patterned paper - My Minds Eye
Pop 'n Cut A2 base with Thanks insert - Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
Black, pink, off white confetti card stocks
Thanks Sizzlet - Karen Burniston (Sizzix)
Stitched circles - MFT Stamps
Stitched circle frame - Lawn Fawn
Bandaid die - MFT Stamps
Bakers Twine
Wink of Stella


Thanks for stopping by today 


1 comment:

  1. that bandaid is cute, good to see the Thanks Pop Up out again too

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!