Wednesday 11 January 2017

Paris Themed Pivot Card

Good morning friends

Today's card was made months ago. Initially I made it as a second card for a Designer Challenge by Karen Burniston (Charmed) ... then I didn't end up posting it.

The paper is a lovely teal metallic, but no way I could capture it in a photo. It looks great in real life though!



As I do quite often, I cut the outer card wider than I desired, then folded over the pattern to the inside. This not only stabilizes the Pivot Card, but brings the pattern and colour inside the card as well.


I hung an Eiffel Tower charm on either side, and added little flourishes above each pivot shape.


The Paris edges and the Beach edges were used along the bottom of the card, cut from black card stock.


Finally, here is a view of the card from the top. The design on the front and back pivot to the inside as the card is opened.



Note, you can find my cards from July 2011 - December 2016 on Alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.ca .  I had a bunch of cards made ahead, which are already water marked with alteredscrapbooking and I'm choosing not to re-do all those photos with a Painted Mountain Cards watermark.

Supplies:
Katie Label Pivot, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Oval Landscape Accordion (flourishes), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Paris Edges, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Beach Edges, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Tags Pivot (embellishment), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Hanging Charm Pull Tab, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Just a Note Clear Stamps - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Copic Markers
Patterned paper - Me & My Big Ideas
Elizabeth Craft Designs Clear Double Sided Adhesive, 6" and 1/8" widths
White card stock
Black card stock

Card size - 5 x 5"

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. you surprise me all day with a wonderful card!

    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting designer paper for an awesome card

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!