Tuesday 31 January 2017

'Love Ewe' Valentine Card, and Valentine Treat Boxes

Good morning friends

This is a photo heavy post - but I wanted to combing the little treat holders with this post rather than give them their own, since the colours all match and the card will be given with one of the treat holders for Valentine's Day.

I had so much fun making this one ... in keeping with me trying to use older products in my studio, I pulled out this fun stamp set by Paper Smooches. After the lamb was stamped, die cut and coloured I decided to add the wiggly eyes. Ahahaha - they crack me up.


It's hard to see in the photo, but the lamb's nose also has some shimmer from a Wink of Stella pen.


Below is a peek at the card as it is opening ...


... and a look at the card fully opened.


I used the Twist Circle Pop-Up by Karen Burniston - I don't think I have done an A2 card with it before but it worked out just fine.


More older product ... the stamps and banner punch are staples in my studio even though I've had them for years. The lacy border is also an older die that I don't use nearly enough.


Another older die is this Shaker Box by Sizzix. It's a BigZ die and I cut it from patterned paper then decorated it with a punched bow. The sweet paper clip and tag are both by Karen Burniston ... yes, cut from card stock.


How fun is that paperclip?


When you slide off the Belly Band, you can see that I added Swiss Chocolates inside. Yes, I could have wrapped them in coordinating paper but chose not to. That just makes them harder to open and eat, ha ha.


Since it turned out so well, I decided to make a couple more ... the next two are identical. I used a ribbon tie instead of a belly band on these ones.


The layered hearts are from the Heart Pivot by Karen Burniston, and the X0X0 is a fairly new die by Lawn Fawn. I knew I'd get a lot of use from it when I ordered it last Fall. I also added one of the Swirly Scribble circles - love that it gives your project just a little somethin' somethin'.



These two have the XOXO across the transparency lined window.


Finally, here is a look at the three Treat Boxes all together!



Supplies:
For Twist Card:
Twist Circle Pop-Up, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Stitched rectangles - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Patterned paper - Recollections
Kraft, Red and White card stocks
Red seam binding
Lamb stamp & die - Paper Smooches
Wiggly Eyes
Banner punch and stamps - Stampin' Up
Lacy border die - Papertrey Ink
EWE letters - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Love die - Stampin' Up
Anita Frames Pop-Up (labels), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Wink of Stella
Card size - A2


For Treat Boxes:
Patterned paper - Recollections
Red and white card stock
Bow punch - Stampin' Up
Swirly scribble circle doe - Stamping' Up
Heart Pivot, Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Tags Pivot (tag and paperclip), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Enamel dot - Recollections
X0X0 die - Lawn Fawn
Red ribbon
Puffy heart sticker - Recollections
Shaker Box die - Sizzix
Transparency
Clear double sided adhesive, 1/8" width

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. the little boxes and the cards- they are all so wonderful!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!