Friday 20 January 2017

Birthday Money Holder (and a spare!)

Good morning friends

My brother has a December birthday, and this year he asked if we would mind giving him money for his birthday instead of a gift. He had something in mind that he was going to pool our gifts for so we were all on board.

Obviously, I had a hand made birthday card for him but I also wanted to give him a special money holder. This is what I came up with, and since I had all the supplies out I decided to make a spare one to keep on hand.


They stay closed with a little magnet. This is my first time using the magnets and I'm sold! Karen Burniston uses them on bulky cards and now that I know how well they work, I'll be using them more. However, next time I will adhere them between the card layers so they are hidden.


Not only was my brother happy with his gift, he was impressed with the magnetic closure. Ha!

Supplies:
Patterned paper - Jillibean Soup
Green, blue, black and white card stocks
Magnets - stash
Label die - Stampin' Up
Words - MFT? SSS? - I can't remember and there is no name on the plastic
Balloons and strings - Lawn Fawn
fun foam

size - 7 x 3-1/2"

Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

  1. Love the sentiment on this, fun Money Holder

    ReplyDelete
  2. with or without money- it looks nice!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Often give cards with checks or cash. Love this idea, especially the magnets. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!