Friday 3 March 2023

Scrap N Stamp Canada March Inspiration Hop: "Baskets of Bunnies"


Welcome to the March Inspiration Hop by Scrap 'n Stamp Canada, with the theme 'Baskets of Bunnies'. They weren't able to get me any product for this hop, so I just pulled some older items from my stash and made a fun fold card. You can make this card with many of the items they have at Scrap 'n Stamp Canada though, so think of this more as a card idea you can make your own.


These Pull Out Fun Fold cards have been around for years and I have always wanted to make one. To put my own spin on it though, I created a Mini Slimline sized card! I didn't do a tutorial (I will have one later this month) but will list the basic measurements at the end of my post if you are curious.

Since it's a new (to me) Fun Fold with a new size - I'm counting this as the March edition to my series New Fun Folds!


The card has an aperture cut in the front and you can see through it to the inside. But when you open the card, you see that there is more to it ... the image inside is on sort of a reverse Z fold panel.


When you pull that panel to the right, another two panels are revealed. I added patterned paper to the center one and a stamped sentiment on the center one. The sentiment is from Lawn Fawns Magic Spring Messages which is a stamp set I got from Scrap 'n Stamp Canada awhile ago. Stamped in Catherine Pooler Ink, of course. The patterned paper and ephemera are by Echo Park.


I really enjoy making Mini Slimline cards, and finding ways to incorporate a fun fold into them. That being said, I also figured out the measurements for a 5 x 7" card which will be shared another day. And I will be doing this Mini Slimline one again soon! Below are my basic measurements:

Card Base: 7 x 6" - score in the centre at 3.5"

Pull out piece - 7.25 x 5.75", scored at 3.25 and 5.25"

Decorate the panels as desired (more details will be in my upcoming tutorial)


I hope you will check out the Scrap 'n Stamp Canada Blog, for a list of all the creators in the hop!


Late last year I was asked how many cards I make but I didn't have a clear number. Since many of my posts include more than a single card or project, I thought it would be fun to keep track this year. 


Card Tally for 2023
January - 53 cards
February - 56 cards

March so far - 12 Cards

Supplies:
Patterned paper - 'Spring' 6 x 6", Echo Park
Magic Spring Messages - Lawn Fawn
Blue ink - Hot Tub, Catherine Pooler
Ephemera, 'Easter' - Echo Park
Oval Stitched Rows - Divinity Designs
Stitched Circles - Divinity Designs
Corner Rounder - Creative Memories
Sequins - stash
Blue cardstock

4 comments:

  1. What fun to count how many cards one makes in a year. An aha moment of there's where I invested my time. Love your trifold card with window. So happt to find your blog. I do enjoy your paper engineering! Thanks for your teaching. Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to make this card, but was not successful! I love this card and all you share with us. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that card. Great design (as always).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!