Friday 4 March 2022

Scrap'N Stamp Birthday Bash Inspiration Hop

Hello my crafty friends! I'm excited to say that I am joining the Scrap'N Stamp Whimsy Inspiration Hop this month and the theme is Birthday Inspiration. Scrap'N Stamp is celebrating 14 years and they are celebrating with a Weekend Sale: Save 14% on select birthday items (Offer valid 03/04/2022 - 03/07/2022)

I made two cards for the hop and have all the details in my YouTube video:   

This first card is a great layout to make multiples of AND use up scraps of patterned paper. I combined both the Birthday Cupcakes and the Birthday Banner sets for this 'Clean and Simple" card. There is a surprise though - the cupcake is actually peeking through a circle opening! 


The cupcake was adhered inside the card, and I stamped a greeting that is hidden until you open the card.

After colouring with Zig Clean Color Markers, I went over the top of the cupcake with glossy accents and set it aside to dry overnight.

Cutting an aperture in the front of your card is an easy way to elevate a simple card.


For my second card, I used the Birthday Wishing stamp set from Colorado Stamp Company.

This one is a Z Fold card that is also a Trifold and it also has a surprise inside ...


... it's a Gift Card Holder!

I used the Diagonal Gift Card pocket die set for the pocket, taking advantage of the layering piece to stamp another one of those adorable critters. The banners are from Hampton Art's Birthday Banners - they make great sentiment and signing blocks too.


There is also a sale



All the fun starts on the Scrap'N Stamp Blog:

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Karen! I will definitely be making some of both of these cards for my "stash"!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are so sweet! I really like your zed fold card and all of the different ways that you incorporated the stamps in the set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy your detailed videos. Still amazed with the gell pen for the sentiment, gosh I love that tip, never knew! Cheerful pretty cards to celebrate! Happy 14th Birthday ScrapNStamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these beautiful birthday cards!! You make such gorgeous cards!! I love that you have added POPs of color!! Great sentiments on the banner set but the cupcake one is great too!! And of course love that Colorado whimsical mice critters!!! Guess am going to want them all!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!