Monday 5 March 2018

Victorian Easter Bunny Card

Good morning friends

When I was in my late teens, I was crazy about Victorian images. That changed as I got a little older, but last year when I saw this lovely paper stack with the Victorian Easter imagery I just had to get it. For my card share today, I'm using a photo frame and a banner die by Lynda Kanase for Sizzix.

I cut the Travel Photo Frame from a pretty floral patterned paper in the stack, then adhered it over the bunny Cut-Apart. It was matted with a pale yellow then adhered to a gingham cut Photo Banner.


The pretty flower and leafy sprig come with the Banner die, and after cutting them from other papers in the stack I added them to the frame and a Bakers Twine bow.


Here is a peek at the inside. I used the Photo Banner die again, but this time adhered a strip of coordinating patterned paper over the holes.




Tips & Tricks
I chose not to die cut a word or design from the photo frame, which gives it a different look and room for additional embellishments.

I purchased this patterned paper in both 12 x 12" and 6 x 6", so was able to use the same Cut Apart in both sizes for the card. The paper was on for a great deal, and I couldn't decide which size I wanted more. So ... bought them both!

I like using the journal cards (or Cut-Aparts) from paper stacks with my card-making. Generally they are 3 x 4" which is a good size for a card embellishment.

Supplies:
Patterned paper and Cut Aparts, Authentique
Photo Frame, Travel (frame) - Lynda Kanase (Sizzix)
Photo Banner - Lynda Kanase (Sizzix)
Bakers Twine
Pink patterned A2 card - Michaels
Yellow and white card stocks
Fun foam
Dashing Rectangle dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Stitched circle die - MFT Stamps
Happy Easter stamp - Elizabeth Craft Designs

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!