Saturday 24 March 2018

C4C 427 Three Kids Easter Cards

Good morning friends


It's Saturday and that means a new challenge at the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Bonnie Sharp had her challenges all ready for us, so even though she has left the Design Team she said to go ahead and use her challenges. Kristine Reynolds is joining us as our Guest Designer again this month (yeah!). You can find her blog HERE.  

This is Bonnie's challenge:  A cutie patootie challenge for you today - make a card or scrapbook page that has a child theme! Blocks, playground- even a little red wagon if you wish! Bonus points if you use baby or children stamps!


If you follow my blog, you will know that I rarely make a card just to make a card - I need so many specific cards throughout the year, I like to make the challenges work for me. This week I am sharing the Easter cards I made for my Mom to give the Great Grandkids (the ones who celebrate Easter). I know it's probably a stretch for the challenge, but hey. I'm a rebel.



I purchased a sheet of Journal Cards (or Cut-Aparts) by Echo Park to make the cards this year. We had had a lot of company and I knew time would be at a premium. This seemed like a good solution and I'm happy with the cute images on the panels.



Olivia loves Pop-Up cards, so I used a Happy Birthday Pop-Up as the base for another Journal Card. 





I added that sweet scalloped border by Prickley Pear, stickers and glitter glue inside the card.



Zachary got a Double Z-Fold card, because he's a little rough and these are nice and sturdy.





I didn't add a lot of glitter since it was for a boy, but a little on the cheeks and then the bunnies nose and eyes are raised and shiny from a black glaze pen.




I was excited to make Ethan's card, but very unhappy after I'd stamped the background. The card base was yellow and I wanted to stamp the stippled stripes in yellow for a tone on tone look. I have never liked this Stamin' Up ink colour (Delightful Dijon) and only have it as it was part of a bundle. Since I have it though, I thought I should at least try it. Yuck. I have since taken the ink pad out of my ink pad basket so I don't make this mistake again. 

I debated far too long about whether or not to toss the stamped yellow card base and start again, then decided that Ethan (at 5) would really only see the cute chick & egg and he will love that it's on an Action Wobble.  I didn't have another sheet of that same yellow card stock and the others didn't match the chick. So in the end, I left it.





I added some bright happy colours and another Cut-Apart inside.



Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C427.

Supplies for Olivia's Hoppy Easter card:
White card stock
Plaid patterned paper - Echo Park
Yellow patterned paper - Photo Play
Happy Birthday 3-d Drop-Ins Rectangle - Stephanie Barnard (Stamps of Life)
Cut-apart - Echo Park
Fun foam
Sakura Black Glaze pen
Stickles
Stitched scalloped border die - Prickley Pear Stamps
Black fine point sharpie marker
Marvy LePlume II Markers
Stickers - Mambi

Supplies for Zachary's Bunny Double Z fold card:
Teak and white card stocks
Cut-apart - Echo Park
Stickles
Fine point black marker
Marvy LePlume II Markers
Stickers - Mambi
Sakura black glaze pen

Supplies for Ethan's Easter Chick Wobble card:
Cut-apart - Echo Park
Stickles
Yellow Soft Finish Card Stock - Elizabeth Craft Designs
White card stock
MISTI
Action Wobble
Marvy LePlume II Markers
Fine point black marker
Brushstroke stripe stamp - Stampin' Up


Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!