Thursday 15 February 2018

Pair of Birthday Candle Cards

Good morning friends

There is a new release at Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps, and I was lucky enough to get my hands on this fun border stamp and the coordinating scallop border dies. I made two birthday cards with the candle border stamp - I really like the curve to the border stamp and the die matches that curve. There is also a cool stencil feature in the scalloped border dies that allow you to have the letters for CONGRATS or  HAPPY BIRTHDAY on the scallops if you wish.


The candles were heat embossed with white, then I used diluted Distress Oxide inks to paint them. I love that you can use these inks on darker card stocks. I added a cupcake from Karen Burniston's Cupcake Pop-Up, and highlighted the stitched line on the border die with a white gel pen. I also cut the border a second time from the bright green card stock and added it below the teal one. The decorated panel was popped up with fun foam onto the white card base.


Inside I added the bold Happy Birthday, a new die by Karen Burniston.


For my second card, I used the same candle row and my MISTI to stamp 4 rows of candles onto a blended and spritzed Distress Oxide inked background. The Happy Birthday stamp comes with the birthday candles, and there is also a row of balloons and a row of flowers.





Last Mother's Day I gave our middle daughter a set of handmade birthday cards as they seemed to be going to a lot of birthday parties for their friends children. They were a big hit, so I plan on doing it again this year for both daughters. These two will be included in the stack.

Tips & Tricks:

I used my MISTI to line up the candle row stamp. The MISTI makes it so easy to do this without having to move the stamp. I just moved the card base up 4 squares on the grid with each stamping. This was the first time using this technique with Versamark ink and I wondered if the first stamped images would remain moist enough to grab the embossing powder. No problem at all!

After a couple of years of making other (mostly larger) card sizes, it seems I'm embracing the A2 size card again. You can expect to see a lot more A2 cards on my blog this year.


Supplies for Cupcake card:
Teal and bright green Soft Finish Card Stock - Elizabeth Craft Designs
White embossing powder
Scalloped Border dies - Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps
Scalloped Border stamps - Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps
1030 Happy Birthday die - Karen Burniston
1008 Cupcake Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
Dress Up Riley, Birthday stamps (Make A Wish) - Riley and Company
White card stock
Stickles
Distress Oxide Inks
Sakura white gel pen

Supplies for White Candle Row card:
Blueprints #29 (stitched rectangle) - MFT Stamps
Scalloped Border stamps - Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps
Fun foam
White card stock
Distress oxide inks
Teal and bright green Soft Finish Card Stock - Elizabeth Craft Designs
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Bakers Twine
Hooray stamp - MFT Stamps

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. Great job using the candles stamp

    ReplyDelete
  2. both are wonderful- but my favorite is the 2.

    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!