Wednesday 29 November 2017

Bright Gift Card Duo For The Holidays

Good morning friends

WHEW.  I'm running behind this year, but I now have SEVENTY FIVE Christmas cards all addressed and ready to take to the post office today. It took me all day yesterday to address the envelopes, print the Christmas letters, and get those envelopes stuffed. Usually I start well ahead of this date and work on them a few at a time but this year I just didn't have a chance. I still have a few more to do, names that will pop-up or unexpected guests ... but I have extra cards ready for that. I will be doing a happy dance when I leave the post office later today. I also gave my mom her FOURTY Christmas Cards this past weekend, so she will be getting hers out as well. She likes to send out my hand made cards, so I always make sure she has enough.

For my share today, I have a pair of Gift Card Holders. Once I saw this YouTube video by Dawn's Stamping Thoughts with instructions,  I couldn't wait to try it out!  Here are my first two. I really like how these go together and have to admit I have made several more, some of which have been shared already. I rarely post my projects in the same order I make them.

I chose not to add quite so many matted layers on my Gift Card Holders, and found they are bulky enough I'm glad I didn't. For these ones I chose this bright patterned paper by Stampin' Up that I've been working with for so may of my holiday cards this year. After making these, I'm down to just pieces and no more full sheets. 


The first Gift Card Holder will be perfect for any of the men in our family this year.


Inside you can see the pocket on the right that the gift card fits in perfectly. The red zig zag circle was sitting on my stamping table - it's the inside of the beaded frame that comes with Karen Burniston's Snowman Twist Circle Pop-Up card. Love it when nothing gets wasted.

The second Gift Card Holder uses some older stamps, and I enjoyed getting them out to play with again.



There is lots of glitter on this one!



The finished size of these Gift Card Holders is 4 x 5-1/2". So they easily fit in an A2 envelope but I will probably be packaging mine in either a clear bag envelope or in a cello bag with some sweets to go with the gift card.

Supplies:
White, green and red card stocks
Patterned paper - Stampin' Up

Deer Gift Card Holder
Stamps on outside - Hampton Art
Stitched Ovals - MFT Stamps
Fun foam
Glitter Dots - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Stamp inside - MFT Stamps

Tree Gift Card Holder
No peeking, bird and tree stamps - Stamping' Up
Red, green and white card stocks
For you stamp - MFT Stamps
Stickles
Stitched ovals - MFT Stamps
Ornament stamp - Michaels

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. wonderful in colors- I like all your cards!
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous card, great idea for gift card holders

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!