Monday 16 October 2017

Graveyard Scene Pop-Up Card

Good morning friends

I think this was one of my favourite Halloween cards this year. It went together easily - love it when that happens! I've used a number of Karen Burniston's dies - the Halloween Elements and Halloween Scene have been a lot of fun to use.

I was totally inspired by the grey Distress Oxide inked background that Karen Burniston did on her August Paper Pro's Challenge card, which you can see HERE. I used Magical Shakers and grey card stock for my background and love how it turned out. I know with these water colour powders you never know what you are going to get so that was the first hurdle over with!

I did the front of my card a little differently than usual. First I cut a panel from the grey water coloured background, slightly smaller than the card front. The graveyard scene was cut from the bottom and I used the negative part of the image on the card front, setting aside the die cut graveyard for a different project.

The hand was die cut from a scrap of card stock, and I stencilled through the negative part with Distress Oxide inks ... love how those work on dark card stocks!


I used a star stencil and glitter paste for the sparkly stars, then added a ghost and bat from the Halloween Elements as well.




Here is the card fully open. Once again I have used the Katherine Label Pop-Up to animate the BOO! label inside.


The water coloured panels were die cut with a stitched rectangle die then the graveyard cut from the bottom. Again, the die cut graveyards were set aside and I used only the negative pieces for the inside panels. One raven and BOO! were cut from charcoal star dream card stock to give me the black on black look with a bit of definition.


Yup - love it when a card works out just the way you wanted it to.

Supplies:
Grey, black, silver pearl card stocks
Magical Shakers - Lindy's Stamp Gang
Glitter Paste - Bo Bunny
Star stencil - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Gold paste - Arto
Distress Oxide Inks (Stencil)
Gold Sakura Kelly Roll Pen
Wonky Stitched Rectangles - MFT Stamps

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!