Saturday 28 October 2017

C4C 409 Pink Pop-Up Card for Breast Cancer

Good morning friends

It's Saturday so that means a new challenge at the Crazy 4 Challenges Blog Bonnie Sharp is our October 2017 hostess, with Marcie Sharp as our Guest Designer this month. You can find Marcie's blog HERE

This is Bonnie's challenge:  
I'm sure you all know that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. My challenge to you is to create an inspirational card using pink somewhere on your creation!  Bonus points if you send your card to someone needing a hug!

Last month I got to spend the day with Eileen Hull. I took her to a funky little scrapbook store called The Scrap Yard as I wanted to show it off to her. While we were poking around I found this gorgeous patterned paper sheet by Alexandra Renke ... if you follow my blog you know I am a fan of this artist's papers and was in fact introduced to them earlier this year by Lori, the shop's owner.


For the outside of my card, I went through the stamps I have that would work for the challenge and decided on this older one by Riley & Company. It isn't specifically for Breast Cancer, or any other Cancer - but it still worked. I paired it with a lovely die cut poppy, embossed pink panel and a die cut stamped pink ribbon.





I made a Distress Oxide background to cut the ribbon from, and also the heart and butterflies inside.




Once again I used the Katherine Label Pop-Up by Karen Burniston - only this time I used the card in a vertical position instead of horizontal. Inside is where I used that beautiful watercolored paper. I actually bought the paper for a C4C challenge on November 11th but only needed half the sheet for that card. The remaining piece worked out for this card so I managed to use the whole sheet! Man, I love not having any scraps to have to deal with.






Thankfully I didn't need to make it for anyone specific right now and I'm fine with it sitting in my stash and not ever needing to send it.




Check out the C4C blog to see how the Crazies have been inspired by the challenge. We'd  love to see your take on it, so be sure to stop by the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and link up your creations. If you are uploading to an online gallery, please use the keyword C4C 409.

Supplies:
Patterned paper - Alexandra Renke
Pink and white card stock
1011 Katherine Label Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
I Believe in Pink stamp - Riley & Company
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Damask embossing folder - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs - Retired)
Lacy Poppy dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Pink ribbon stamp and die - the Stamps of Life
Stitched squares - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Stitched rectangle dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Wink of Stella
Stitched heart die - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Word stamp on heart - Stampin' Up
Butterfly punch - Stampin' Up
Seam binding


Thanks for stopping by today

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!