Tuesday 22 August 2017

Puppy Box Card

Good morning friends

Today's share is a card I sent to a friend. She is really good at sending out cards, but said she doesn't often receive hand made ones. I also felt like making a box card, so pulled out my Sizzix BigZ Extended die for the card base.


I purchased this sweet stamp set in the Spring - dogs and letters ... how could I not? The dogs have shiny eyes and noses thanks to a Glaze Pen. For the card base I decided to use one of my (many) water coloured backgrounds, done with Colorbursts and Magical Shakers. The stitched circle was done with Distress Oxide inks then sprinkled with water for the speckled effect.


I added Karen Burniston's tree die to the back wall, and the grass from her Nature Edges adds the filler inside. The flowers that are included with the Tree Pop-Up cut 6 at a time, so I had enough for my tree with one pass through the Big Shot. Gotta love that.


Often these cards are stuffed full and take AGES to make. I'm trying to simplify them so they don't take quite as long to make and I think it still looks cute with the different layers. The box folds flat for mailing in a standard A2 envelope.


On a side note, we had dinner guests last week from Israel. She is an artist who works in acrylics and I enjoyed seeing photos of her many paintings. She wanted to see my craft room and was in AWE of the cards I showed her, simply because they were interactive. Both her and her husband couldn't get over the precision of Karen Burniston's dies. Of course she immediately picked up on some of the water coloured backgrounds and asked about them.

I gave them both a quick demonstration and loved seeing their faces when I spritzed the powders with water. I'm sure I had the exact same face when I saw them for the first time. In face I still make that face when I use them, ha ha.  I gathered up nice selection of colours and an extra spray bottle and gave them to her to play with when she returns home. Looks like I'll have to order some replacement bottles!

Supplies:
90# Water colour paper
Colorburst - Ken Oliver
Magical Shakers - Lindy's Stamp Gang
Box die - Lori Whitlock (Sizzix)
Tan, purple, white card stocks
Zig clean colour markers
Black glaze pen
Dog stamps & dies - Mama Elephant
Nuvo Crystal drops
Distress oxide inks
Banner stamp & die - the Stamps of Life
Stitched heart dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Stitched circle die - MFT Stamps
Copic markers
Wink of Stella

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!