Sunday 18 June 2017

Cupcake Pop-Up Card & Planner Clips

Good morning friends

One of the cool new sets in Karen Burniston's release is this Cupcake Pop-Up and I had so much fun making this Cupcake card!

I used a couple of her new sets on this card as they all work perfectly together ... the front has 'make a wish' from the Word Set 2 - Birthday, one of the Katherine Label decorator dies is under the small cupcake, and I used the stitched puffy cloud from Nature's Edges as a cute scalloped border. The stitches are on either side of the cut line so you can use both the positive and negative pieces as Ive done here.

The cupcake liners can be pleated (Karen Burniston has an assembly video right on her website if you want to see how it's done) and the icing portion was covered with glossy accents.


Here is a look at the inside.


The large cupcake also has a pleated liner - such a cool feature. The gifts are from the Birthday Charms, I simply snipped off the hanging hole and added an enamel dot on each one.


I wanted to use one of my favourite 6 x 6" paper stacks, but a sheet wouldn't be large enough to make a full inner card. I cut the orange floral piece 4-1/4 x 6" folding it at the 2" mark and using that to put the alignment nubs along when I ran it through my die cutting machine gave me the perfect cupcake pop-up inner card. Then I could use the same stitched puffy cloud die and different papers in the stack to finish decorating.



And just for fun, I made a couple of planner clips using the smaller cupcake.


The tops have glossy accents, and while it was still wet I added glitter. Then they got topped off with a heart shaped enamel dot.



Here they are all packaged in a clear cello package ready for gifting.



Supplies:
1008 Cupcake Pop-Up - Karen Burniston
Patterned paper - My Minds Eye
Coloured Pencils
Signo White Gel Pen
Glossy accents
1006 Nature Edges - Karen Burniston
Orange and white card stocks
1011 Katherine Label (label) - Karen Burniston
Sakura Gel pen
Seam binding
1003 Word Set 2 - Birthday - Karen Burniston
Enamel dots and hearts - Stamping' Up
1004 Birthday Charms - Karen Burniston
Stickles
Large paper clips - Staples

Card size - 4-3/4 x 5-1/2"

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

  1. wonderful idea to make cards planer! Love the card too
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty and ha too funny ... guess what I purchased the other week ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!