Wednesday 31 May 2017

Sparkly Birthday Card Gift Set

Good morning friends

I am weak. I admit it. On the way down to Arizona in January, we stopped in Great Falls and I convinced Gregg to give me 10 minutes in the Michaels there while he got gas. Score!! Not only did I find the Gift Bag Punch Board on clearance, I picked up a cute set of sparkly cards for $5. That is SIXTY cards and envelopes for $5, people. Further down the isle was a coordinating 12 x12" paper stack that was also a screaming deal. I fairly danced out of the store when I was done.

Since I seemed to be getting up extra early when we were in Arizona, I would slip into my Craft Room and work on cards for an hour or so - then go get the furry kids their breakfast and start our day. One of the things I worked on was a set of birthday cards for our daughter for Mother's Day. Now that Ilai is going to birthday parties, I thought having cards on hand would come in handy for her.

I used some of my bargain A2 sized printed note cards, cut in half as the back side of the cards were also either coloured or patterned. It's just tooo ingrained in me to 'waste' pattern on the back when I can get two out of one note card or use the excess piece to decorate the inside. Plus, the patterned cards - as cute as they might be - are light weight and too wussy for my taste. Here is the set of cards all together...


Here is the first card. I had so much fun combining the patterned cards with pieces snipped from the coordinating patterned paper package. This one has a scalloped border and Glitter Dots for some birthday bling.


Just like for Olivia's Birthday card, I cut the glittered words into strips and added them on several of the cards.


Card #2 has this beautiful glittered Happy Day on the panel. I simply cut it out with a scalloped rectangle, then strung some punched banner pieces across the top edge.


And added Glitter dots too!



This third card has enamel dots, and the striped panel actually has pearlized confetti dots sprinkled all across the front.




Card #4 ... another little banner and gold glittered words.


Looks like I forgot to take a photo of the inside of this one though.


Card #5 ... a little more subdued, but I still added some enamel dots to the front.




Finally, card #6. This panel is the back side of the patterned card I used on card # 3.




I know - that was a photo heavy post .... thanks for hanging in there with me!

I received my order with Karen Burniston's new release yesterday afternoon. SOOOO exciting! Of course I had to play right away, but the card won't be shared until July 1. I made it for a Crazy 4 Challenges post. But I have lots and lots of ideas for other cards, so will hopefully have something to share in the next couple of days.

Supplies for all 6 cards
A2 pre printed note cards - DCWV
Dotted Scalloped Rectangle dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Stitched rectangle dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Banner Punch - Stampin' Up
Blue and yellow card stocks - Stampin' Up
Bakers Twine
Glitter Dots - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Words inside - Papertrey Ink
Black fine point marker
Fun foam
Enamel Dots - Queen & Company
MISTI - My Sweet Petunia
Scallop border die - MFT Stamps
Pink card stock
Orange fine point marker
Happy Birthday Pop-Up (Happy Birthday words), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)

Thanks for stopping by today

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!