Tuesday 23 May 2017

Lotsa Treat Holders

Good morning friends

I have several 'treat holder' dies and use them quite often. However, I don't always take a photo to share them here on my blog. I was making up a couple for Mother's Day and when I uploaded the photos I decided to share in a single post, all the ones I have taken photos of.

Our middle daughter's birthday and Mother's Day fall about the same time every year. In fact, she was born on Mother's Day and the call service had to locate our Dr. who was out to dinner with his family. She asked us (meaning hubby) to build her a raised planter box for her birthday and I wanted to give her some $$ for plants for Mother's Day.

Inside this adorable ECD Handled Pillow Box are some bills rolled and tied up with pink Bakers Twine. But it's so much cuter than just the bills tucked into a card.


The flower stamps and dies are by Krista Schneider at Elizabeth Craft Designs and I coloured them with my Zig Clean Colour Markers.


Up next are these little Bon Bon Boxes ... also at Elizabeth Craft Designs. SO cute - I love this die. It's so quick and easy ... no adhesive required. Each one takes a 6 x 6" piece of patterned paper or card stock. There are lots of variations you can do - but I kept these ones nice and simple. The punched butterflies are adhered to a small strip of transparency and inside are a couple of Swiss Chocolates. Just a little somethin' something' for my Mom and Daughters for Mother's Day.



A couple of years ago I purchased the 'Get A Handle On It' die from Papertrey Ink. I use it a LOT, but again - don't often take photos. Usually I am adhering it to a package of candy (or dog treats). I like it to dress up a gift that isn't really a gift, if that makes sense. It makes the item a little more special but not enough to make the receiver uncomfortable. We always bring our Arizona friends furry kids some kind of Alberta or Canadian dog treats when we go. So it's a gift, but it would feel silly to put it in a gift bag or wrap it as a gift. This way it's a little decorated - but understated.



This adorable dog was coloured to look like their Diego. :-) Which they noticed right away!


Same die, this time over a cello bag filled with chocolates. These photos have been hanging around for a long time, ha ha.



Another dog treat gift for our Arizona friends from awhile ago ...


This Spring I added this Handled Box from The Stamps of Life to my treat box die collection. It's so cute!  We were going to visit our Nephew and I wanted to bring their daughter a little something. So I quickly made up this Handled Box and added some fruit snacks.


It was fairly quick and definitely easy to decorate with items from my stash. She ran around and played with the box afterwards, which was fun to see.


The photo below gives you an idea of it's size. You can tuck a Gift Card inside as well, which is nice. I do wish the ECD Handled Pillow Box would have been just a smidge larger to I could add a Gift Card to that one too.


That's it for me today!


Thanks for stopping by

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful post, Karen. Unfortunately, your ideas cost me money, with the purchase of new dies! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - sorry about that Marlene. I guess it could be worse though. We could smoke or have a gambling problem that would cost us money but we wouldn't have cute cards or treat holder to show for it. Ahahahaha. Have a great day.

      Delete
  2. Compliments for all this wonderful creations!

    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many fun ideas to give treats as gifts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!