Sunday 26 March 2017

'Be Merry' Kraft Christmas Card Trio

Good morning friends

Get ready for a photo heavy post! I hope to be working on Christmas cards throughout the year, however these ones were made for last Christmas and just didn't get posted. That is why they have my old blog's watermark!  Since these 3 cards are very similar I'm posting them together.


Card #1 - the front of this one is nearly identical to Card #3. The main snowman on the front was fussy cut from the patterned paper and popped up with foam tape. The Lawn Fawn word dies got a lot of use for my holiday cards last year, and will for this year too.


 I have had this kraft Christmas paper stack for several years, and there are some sheets that the 12 x 12" patterns were just going to be tricky to use for cards. Finally I decided I could just have an entirely patterned card interior and trimmed the sheets to fit inside my top fold card. These cards are larger than the norm - they are 5 x 6". So I could use the entire pattern without having to figure out where to trim some of these taller images!

I added a printed kraft banner, and a matted label as a place to add our greeting.


Another fussy cut and popped up snowman is layered inside.


Card #2 has a popped up cookie and those same word dies.


The inside was done the same, with a  5" x 12" printed panel, a printed banner embellishment, a matted label and a fussy cut and popped up snowman.




Card #3 - the front is done as for card #1.


This image was so fun - and you can see how it would be hard to cut down to use on a card otherwise.


The gifts were fussy cut from a separate scrap, and popped up with foam tape.



Supplies:
Patterned paper - Recollections
Blueprints #28 (Banner) - MFT Stamps
Be Merry die - Lawn Fawn
Fun foam
Wink of Stella
Glaze pen - Sakura
Words inside (word stickers) - My Minds Eye
Anita Frames (labels), Pop it Ups - Karen Burniston (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Washi tape - Recollections

Card size - 5 x 6"

Thanks for stopping by today
SaveSave
SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. what fun Christmas cards, love the papers you used for these

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! wonderful motif you used for the cards
    Elma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate each one!